Ask yourself the following questions...
1. Am I old school or new school?
Meaning do you prefer an "old world" style or more recent adaptations of garden gnomes.
2. How much am I willing to invest?
You can buy a cheap $10 plastic gnome or a nice stoneware pottery gnome that will be more expensive.
3. Am It trying to make a statement?
If you want a gnome for just decorative purposes there are collegiate, NFL and MLB gnomes to support your favorite team. Or you can purchase more traditional gnomes who are standing around in the garden or some that are working quite hard in the garden.
4. Which style fits my personality?
There are humorous gnomes, cute gnomes, naughty gnomes, mischevious gnomes, working gnomes and serious gnomes. Find one that fits you.
5. Do I intend to buy more than one?
If you want to buy more than one, you could have a village of gnomes. In this village some could be working, some could be relaxing. If you want just one gnome, you could find one that is taking a nap or just hanging around waiting for something exciting to do.
6. Where do I intend to put my new gnome?
You can have garden gnomes indoors, what we call "home gnomes", or you can have an outdoor gnome welcoming guests with a welcome sign.
7. Did you know there were so many questions to ask yourself when selecting a gnome?